Dr Daniel Morris
Daniel Morris is a highly motivated and successful Prince 2 accredited projects/programme manager and experienced scrum master. I have a proven track record in troubleshooting programmes of work and delivering full life cycle, multiple site and multiple work-stream, high value systems & software consumer product projects within convergent media – TV / mobile / IP / broadcast / Telecare / e-commerce delivery spaces, globally and with teams based around the world, to specification, on time and within budget.
Excellent in leadership roles with development professionals, scrum masters, product owners, account management and resource management, bringing people and technology together to produce the solutions that meet customer requirements. Good communicator with strong team building skills, with extensive experience of working at all levels from CEO/CTO board level to team leader level with suppliers, customers, legal counsel and internal organisations.
A strong analytical skill set and attention to detail, combined with thorough business awareness has allowed for the best approach on complex project/programme deliveries.
- Managed the largest programme of work for Tunstall Healthcare in 25 years, working with suppliers in India, Scandinavia and the UK to deliver a life critical Telecare social alarm, a system composed of mechanical, PCB, application and cloud based (SaaS) components.
- Managed the software releases on a complex programme of work from multiple work streams for the next generation Sky STB solution, SkyQ.
- Built the team and programme managed the cloud based (SaaS) Digitrust Databank solution to launch and project managed and transitioned the Zume F1 web/iOS/Android application development to client control.
Project managed and delivered to budget, schedule and requirements a High Definition Set Top Box solution for OSN based in UAE, broadcasting to the whole of the middle east.
- Project managed and delivered to budget, schedule and requirements the MBNS Astro IPTV Set Top Box solution deployed in spring 2010 in Malaysia.
- Project managed to budget, schedule and requirements the MBNS Astro High Definition Recorder Set Top Box solution for deployment in spring 2010 in Malaysia.
- Project managed the development phase of a High Definition Recorder Lite solution for MBNS Astro in Malaysia
- Project managed and delivered to budget, schedule and requirements the MBNS Astro Standard Definition Recorder Set Top Box solution deployed in June 2009 for Malaysia.
- Programme managed the development of one of the four main NDS middleware product stacks for DVB based Set Top Boxes, the evolution of which has become the basis for broadcasters Set Top Box solutions worldwide.
- Planned, budgeted and project managed the Philips Semiconductor contribution of the Philips flagship TV810 DVB high end TV solution for third parties.
- Programme managed the Nexperia Home Software Development Kit (SDK) suite of projects and engaged with independent software vendors (ISVs) to create the Nexperia Home Ecosystem.
- Project liaison for a VoD over IP delivery solution for S&T currently in trial.
- Nominated project lead for MHEG EPG upgrade solution for Freeview Australia at S&T.
- Project managed a MHEG based Freeview New Zealand S&T Player VoD demonstration.
- Project managed the Philips Semiconductors MHEG5 software stack, a successful product that has been deployed in DTVs and STBs, and sold to third parties.
- Project leader for the weapon dynamics subsystem for the Stingray Mod 1 torpedo simulator at BAe Systems
- Project leader for the sonar environment subsystem for the Stingray Mod 1 torpedo simulator at BAe Systems
Programme Management Office (PMO) Acivities
- Software Quality Auditor at Philips Semiconductors, responsible for auditing SW developments. Audited the Philips Semiconductor flagship MHP development at Philips Softworks.
- Major contributor to the development of the Philips Semiconductors Software Department process definition, concentrating on project management.
- Helped define business practice and process definitions at S&T including defining business case development, defect rectification management process, risk recording process and change control procedures for customer engagements.
Business Analysis and Selection
- Business Analysis of current Management Information System at S&T to determine best replacement
- As a member of the steering board for Project Management training, identified the soft skills training requirements (that will accompany formal PMO/PMI accredited training) for all Project Managers at NDS for the next 3 years. Interviewed facilitators and chose the practitioner for the training
- Ph.D. Physics, Total Technology qualification sponsored by UK Met Office (Thesis: The role of the Hallett-Mossop process on the mixed phase of layer clouds in general circulation models) 1993-1996 U.M.I.S.T. (University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology), Manchester, UK
- B.Sc. (2.i Hons) Pure and Applied Physics 1987-1992 U.M.I.S.T. (University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, Manchester), UK
- Prince 2 Practitioner (2009) accreditation achieved in October 2010 – Candidate Number: P2R/762646
- World Wide Technology Conference, Paris, November 2005 – Nexperia Home SDK Eco-System: A Case Study
- IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung) Berlin, September 2005 – TV810 DVB promotion
- CES 2004 Las Vegas, January 2004 – Managed team to produce demonstration for show
- 2 referred academic papers